- Natural Resources Committee
- New to elected politics, I’ll focus on dissecting the role and dynamics of the County Board and on connecting personally with the constituents of District 19. I’ll work at gaining constituent counsel on county issues, while melding the perspectives of suburban Mequon with agricultural producers of this diverse district.
- Service for nearly 3 decades with the US military has provided many opportunities to learn and lead. I enjoyed a diverse career path, highlighted by command of ships and shore units, including Sturgeon Bay’s icebreaking ship and Milwaukee’s Coast Guard Base. But more relevant to this Ozaukee County enterprise, my military service included budgeting and strategic planning leadership positions in DC, as well as operational assignments like Wisconsin’s senior Coast Guard officer, responsible for routine law enforcement and life-critical rescue operations across a four state region. In the 15 years since settling in Ozaukee County, I’ve held private sector executive roles, and taken up volunteer leadership positions with non-profits. Specifically, I led an advanced avionics design and production team in a $125M enterprise. I subsequently led an 45 person insurance organization in delivering high levels of customer service, profitably during the great recession. This diverse experience is a broad base to draw upon in navigating the budgeting, policy, and management challenges confronting our community.
- Promoted to Captain (O-6) prior to retiring from US Coast Guard to settle in Mequon • Commanding Officer of several US Coast Guard units, ashore and afloat. • Numerous military awards associated with unit, team and personal achievements, including the Meritorious Service Medal (x3). • Ducks Unlimited Wisconsin Conservationist of the Year 2018. • Received nearly 2 of every 3 votes cast in my first election, against a life-long resident incumbent.
Other Civic, Professional & Social Affiliations
- Friends of the Cedarburg Bog, Inc – Vice President and immediate past President
- Ducks Unlimited – State Policy Co-chair and local Committee member
- Ne Pee Nauk Club, Inc.
- B.S. (with honors), Marine Science, US Coast Guard Academy
- M.A. (with honors), National Security & Strategic Studies, US Naval War College
- M.B.A., Course work, Cardinal Stritch University
- Married to Pamela Resnick Ross, Esq. We have 5 children ranging from 26 to 34 years of age, and finally, one brilliant grandson of 3 years. They live here in Wisconsin, in Massachusetts, and in Missouri.
- I’ve been blessed to have a challenging and rewarding service career--a career that’s taken me around the country and the world while teaching me how to get things done in business, in government and in the non-profit sector. Now I’m pleased, honored, and committed to serve this community effectively in the challenges ahead.